Our Bedding: Part One

Thursday, September 23, 2010

When Luke and I first got married, we inherited a lot of hand me down furniture, and made lots of "good deal" purchases. We used Luke's bed that he used as a teenager and used my parent's old mattress (totally comfortable, but not dreamy, amazing, so comfortable I can't get out of bed, that we wanted.) Our sheets were on sale at target, and the quilt, which I love, was a wedding gift from a dear family friend.
Here is our old bed/bedding (in our Louisville apartment)....



We love the bed and we have now made it our perfect, cozy guest room bed.... because we have purchased our DREAM bed!!! When Luke and I first got married, every hotel we stayed at until we got home from our honeymoon had a king size bed. I think we got used to it because when we spent our first night in our apartment, we were shocked on how cramped cozy it was. My husband is 6'3 and a queen size bed was completely fine, but I love to have my space when I sleep, so from the get-go of our marriage, I always knew a king size bed was definitely in the future. My Brother in law and Sister in law have THE MOST comfortable bed on the planet, so we knew when it was time to purchase a mattress we would be going with this.....

It is the top of the line Stearns and Foster and let me tell you, it is worth EVERY penny! It is unbelievably comfortable and roomy! Because we purchased such a nice bed, I wanted nothing less of the bedding, and I got some GREAT deals at Macy's huge home store sale!
The first great deal were these sheets....
They are 400 thread count by charter club (sateen) and are extremely soft. They are very high quality and come with a fitted sheet, a flat sheet and 2 pillow cases. I was nervous to start buying everything in the more expensive "king" size but these sheets which are normally $115 a set, were more than half off, so I bought 2 sets in "sky print" and "sunlight solid."

Probably the biggest splurge on the bed was this...
It is the Macy's hotel collection light weight down comforter. This was something I decided to bite the bullet on and splurge with this more expensive down comforter. I researched what to look for when buying a down comforter, you can read about it here. After doing research and reading reviews, I knew this was the best choice for us. I wanted a high fill power with baffle box. I also didn't want to invest something that would not last, or would have annoying feathers flying out of it, so I went for this extremely fluffy and luxurious amazing down comforter normally $660, but fear not, I purchased it 50% off! You can read the great reviews here.

Thats all for now, stay tuned for my other great bedding purchases!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger